Best Sound Bar Reviews
Welcome to http://bestsoundbarreview.com where we will be giving you a full overview of the soundbars that are available and our opinion on the best sound bars available to buy.
What if you could have the power of an entire sound system streamlined into one sleek, modern and aesthetically appealing strip of quality speaker that delivered a total acoustical experience? Enter, the sound bar. A sound bar, or soundbar, is a compact loudspeaker enclosure that creates an effective stereo sound from a single cabinet. Sound bars are much wider than they are tall, in part for acoustic reasons, and, in part so that they can be mounted above or below a display device, such as under a television or above a computer monitor.
Soundbars have been steadily increasing in popularity as more and more people want great sound without the cost and size of an entire home audio system. Advances in soundbar technology have led to a number of top rated sound bars now being available, produced by a range of different audio specialists.
Top Rated Sound Bars
There are a number of different criteria that sound bar reviews are based on, and to be determined a top rated sound bar, it has to score well on each of the following categories, not necessarily listed in order of importance, as this comes down to individual preference:
- Price And Affordability – There are a range of price levels for soundbars currently on the market, to suit the needs of each consumer. From entry level to advanced, there are soundbars with all the add-ons, or none of them.
- Sound Quality – Although soundbar sound quality is not at the level of surround sound systems (yet!), the quality of sound produced by soundbars does vary across the market, often in line with price.
- Sound Adaptability – In addition to sound quality, some soundbars offer superior sound adaptability, such as having specific settings for music, movies and more, which produce noticeable differences in sound.
- Design – While all soundbars are relatively similar in design, this can become an important feature if you only have a small space in which to place your soundbar, or generally if aesthetics are important to you.
- User Friendliness – Some soundbars can be complicated to set up, and for those who aren’t technologically savvy this can be a dealbreaker. If this is you, you may want to read soundbar reviews to find a unit, which is easy to install.
- Additional Features – These include the use of a remote or ability to connect to a universal remote, Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility with other audio devices.
Best Sound Bars Of 2012
Based on sound bar reviews from both customers and technology experts, there were two best rated sound bar systems in 2012. The first is the HTCT260 sound bar by Sony. This system is generally considered simple yet highly reliable, with excellent sound quality, built-in Bluetooth, an adaptable design and no obvious faults. One particular feature that made this one of the top soundbars, is the fact that it is easy to install, which can be the downfall of some soundbar systems.
The other best soundbar of 2012 was the HW-F450 2.1 Channel 280-Watt Soundbar by Samsung. This model scored well in soundbar reviews, particularly due to its design simplicity, Bluetooth connectivity, broad range of sound and the additional wireless subwoofer that comes with it. However, this soundbar does come with a number of additional features, which can only be utilized with a Samsung TV.
Best Sound Bars Of 2013
In 2013, several new soundbars entered the market including the NB3530A sound bar by LG. This model rates highly in sound bar reviews due to its easy installation process, sound quality and range, Bluetooth connectivity and wireless subwoofer. However, it should be noted that the Bluetooth connectivity of this soundbar can be intermittently unreliable.
Another top rated soundbar for 2013 was the Playbar by Sonos. This soundbar is slightly more expensive than others currently on the market, yet, based on numerous soundbar reviews, this model does offer currently unbeaten sound quality and numerous other features and integration with various devices, which have yet to be seen with other soundbars. This soundbar is still relatively new to the market, so future soundbar reviews may come in handy when considering the purchase of this product.
While both the LG and Sonos soundbars rated highly in 2013, overall, however, the Sony HTCT260 Sound Bar is still rated the best sound bar system for 2013 when price is considered an important factor.
Best Budget Sound Bars
As price becomes a more important factor in sound bar choice, compromises may need to be made on other elements such as sound quality. However, there are several midrange soundbars, which offer good sound quality for their cost, including the Sony HTCT260 already discussed, which is fairly unanimously the best soundbar for the money it costs.
Another good value soundbar is the S4251 w-B4 soundbar from Vizio, which is similar in price to the Sony model and offers possibly better sound.
At the end of the day, choosing the best soundbar is a matter of doing your research by reading up on soundbar reviews in order to clearly establish which unit best meets your needs.